32nd ANNUAL STATE CONFERENCE
Thursday, October 14, 2021
8:00am - 4:00pm
In-Person at Rush Creek Golf Club
Maple Grove, MN 55311
Virtually (link to be sent out to attendees prior to event)
- A View from the Bench: Judicial Referees discuss Guardianship and Conservatorship. In this interactive session, the judicial referees from Hennepin County and Ramsey County will discuss best practices for guardians and conservators. Presenters include, Referee Lori Skibbie, Hennepin County, Referee Danielle Mercurio, Hennepin County, Referee Joel Olson, Ramsey County.
- Family Conflict in Guardianship and Conservatorship Cases: The Fiduciary's Role in Dispute Resolution. Presented by James Crist, Attorney and Mediator, Steinhagen and Crist, PLLP
- Lessons Learned from the COVID-19 Pandemic". Three professional guardians will discuss their experiences of COVID-19 and share lessons learned.
- Lots of New Stuff: SNTs, Pooled Trusts and ABLE, Oh My! Several developments with Special Needs Trust accounting review, how we can use Pooled Special Needs Trusts and the interplay between Guardians and ABLE accounts are brewing for people with disabilities and the elderly. We’ll get up to date with the planning, establishment, and administration of these important planning tools.
- Ethical Strategies to Manage Challenging Behaviors.
- Nothing Stays Still: Evolving Decision-Making Support Strategies.
Thank you to the 2021 Vendors and Sponsors
Newton Bonding - Brochure Sponsor
Steinhagen and Crist - Lunch Sponsor
First Fiduciary Corporation - Lunch Sponsor
Jeddeloh and Snyder - Breakfast Sponsors
PJT Agency - Session Sponsor
Lutheran Social Service of MN - Session Sponsor
Seniors Blue Book - Vendor
Covenant Living of Golden Valley - Vendor
Handi Medical Supply - Vendor
ACR Homes - Vendor
Gianna Homes Memory Care - Vendor
Haven Homes - Vendor